Let us begin this article by giving you some background concerning this amazing plant that gives mankind so much. Cannabis has been used medically in Asia for thousands of years where it was probably first domesticated before traveling all the way to Africa. It was almost certainly introduce time after time to the American, first from Africa to South America through the terrible slave trade in Brazil. Cannabis is still known by an African name diamba, and also to the Caribbean. Indian indentured laborers more than likely are the one that introduced it to Jamaica, where it is now called by ancient Indian name ganja.
Also, white Americans, had some history of using cannabis in tinctures in the early 19th century, in India, an Irish doctor by the name of William Brooks O’Shaughnessy, observed that cannabis was being used exclusively in Indian medicine. O’Shaughnessy begin experimenting and he found it quite efficacious, not only for infantile seizures, but also for spasms, that is caused by tetanus and rheumatism. After he published treatises on the plant, and its uses spread quite rapidly among well-known Physicians. By the late 19th century, cannabis was indeed an important component of American and British Physicians.
Yet soon, our beautiful ancient relationship with this very important plants begin to fade away. In 1930, Harry Anslinger, who was a former officer at the Bureau of prohibition, assume his new job controlling the Bureau of narcotic. The well-known Mexican Revolution that began in 1910 had led to waves of immigrants that were crossing the border into the United States. Where at the time most Americans took their cannabis orally in the form of tinctures. Our new arrivals were smoking it, and it did catch on. A new custom that was also moving North from New Orleans and other port cities from which African Americans were beginning their own migration.
Anslinger disdained African-American and Mexican Americans. He loathed jazz. Some modern day Scholars argue that his demonizing cannabis, both Justified his position and provided a way for him to only gain legal leverage over peoples that he despised. The very high cost paid by the people of color, once he had begun what we all Now call “the War on Drugs,” may not have actually been an incidental byproduct of his efforts, but an unstated evil goal from the start.
Then came the backlash, not to medical marijuana, however, to the drug in general. Reefer Madness an extremely over-the-top 1936 movie portrayed marijuana, as a demon drug from hell. Driving people totally insane, and of course, Harry Anslinger who as you know was the director of the Federal Bureau of Narcotics at the time, drove the point home calling marijuana the most violent causing drugs in the history of mankind. This anti-pot rhetoric affectedly froze medicine-marijuana research for the next 40 years.
Our history have returned to medical marijuana again and again. Six hundred million years ago, a simple but savvy invertebrates developed a system of neurotransmitters and receptors that are so remarkably effective at maintaining the health of its host that it was preserved by evolution through the millennia. A version of that very system is present in virtually every life-form today, from earth worms to us humans. It is embedded in our brain, glands and immune cells, organs, connective tissue.
Where it helps regulate functions such as appetite, mood, memory, immunity, gut health and pain. And by some fortuitous quirk, the cannabis plant’s molecules fit nearly into our primordial sea-squirt receptors (formally “endo-cannabinoid reception” since scientists discovered them in 1992 giving marijuana users a unique ability to tap into this vast healing mechanism.
THIS IS A BRIEF HISTORY OF MARIJUANA BEING USED AS MEDICINE.
- 10, 000 BC marijuana grows in the area that is now known as Mongolian.
- 2700 YEARS AGO A SHAMAN WAS BURIED in China’s Yanghal Tombs, with two pounds of cannabis that appears to have been cultivated for medical reasons.
- IN 1842 William O’Shaughnessy’s clinical trials of cannabis find that it is an effective muscle relaxer and anticonvulsive. (This Irish physician also notes side effects like ravenous appetite and perpetual giggling.
- 1840s 1930s CANNABIS IS WIDELY PRESCRIBED. In 1860 the Ohio State Medical Society conducted the very first U.S. government survey of the cannabis literature, reporting that the plant is helpful for pain, venereal disease, bronchitis, and postpartum depression. In 1915 Sir William Osler, who is often called the father of modern medicine, dubs cannabis the most satisfying remedy for migraine.
- 1930s the US GOVERNMENT begins regulating cannabis, Reefer Madness premiers, and the Federal Bureau of Narcotics says, marijuana is without a doubt associated with psychosis and crime.
- 1964 ISRAELI DOCTORS isolate and synthesize tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), which is marijuana’s main psychoactive ingredient.
- 1970 RICHARD NIXON Attorney General John Mitchell “temporarily” categorizes marijuana as a Schedule 1drug, pending further presidential review. And it remains in this category, that is meant for dangerous narcotics like cocaine and heroin, to this day.
- 1975 the New England Journal of Medicine reports, that THC successfully reduced chemotherapy-related nausea and vomiting in CANCER PATIENTS for whom the standard anti-emetics were ineffective.
- 1976 Robert Randall becomes the very first legal medical marijuana smoker since 1937, after using the government for access to cannabis, to treat his glaucoma.
- 1985 The FDA approves dronabinol, which is a synthetic THC based pharmaceutical, as an anti-nausea drug for cancer patients. The U.S. government has funded most of Solvay Pharmaceuticals research on this. The man-made signal molecule drug causes side effects and doesn’t work as well as good old-fashioned cannabis, which contains 400 compounds.
- 1992 Five years of research, result in the discovery of the endocannabinoid system: cannabinoid receptors as well as the body’s internal cannabinoids that attach to the very same receptors as THC. The system is dubbed anandamide, which is a Sanskrit words for bliss.
- 1996 The state of California approved proposition 215, making it the very first state to legalize cannabis for medical purposes.
- 1997 The New England Journal of Medicine, published an editorial calling for change in the Federal law that makes marijuana a Schedule 1, to a Schedule II, and of course, the government ignored it.
- 2000 The University of California, San Diego, establishes the center for Medical Cannabis Research, which initiates the first therapeutic studies using smoked cannabis for more than 20 years.
- 2003 The U.S. government receives a patient for the therapeutic use of cannabinoids as antioxidants and neuroprotectants.
- 2018 Attorney General Jeff Sessions, who was in office at that time, rescinds the Barack Obama-era policy barring federal law-enforcement officers from interfering with marijuana sales. In states that have legalized the drug. Undeterred, that November, Missouri and Utah both vote on state ballots to legalize medical marijuana, bringing the grand total number of states that have done so to 33.
Some of the results of early studies are tantalizing: Scientist have observed therapeutic benefits in everything from anxiety to epilepsy to neurological conditions like that of Parkinson’s. They have seen few, if any, side effects at all.CBD, may be the greatest promise in this age of pharmaceuticals that may bankrupt, addict, or even kill you. What we actually do know, is that CBD interacts with a system of neurotransmitters within our body and brain that is called the endocannabinoid systems (ECS). Scientist recognizes that the ECS plays a critical role in all kinds of physiological function, that helps to regulate movement, pleasure, the gastrointestinal system, bone health, appetite, seizures, and pain sensations Jess to name a few. The complicated ways in which CBD influences the ECS make it attractive for alleviating all kinds of symptoms and conditions. CBD can interface with our brain activity that causes seizures, helping to control severe epilepsy (particularly in children). CBD interacts with the bodily systems that cause nausea and vomiting, gaining promise as a treatment for CANCER PATIENTS dealing with the side effects of chemotherapy. CBD influences appetite and the way that our body stores and burns fat. Which means, it may help with obesity and weight loss. It can even regulate how our brain processes the high caused by dangerous drugs, helping to fight substance abuse and addiction to alcohol and opioids, and other dangerous drugs. However, much more research is still needed to build beyond a reasonable-doubt evidence of CBDs healing powers.
CBD OIL HELPS WITH
- and much more.
RICK SIMPSON OIL
In 1997, Mr Rick Simpson, was working as an engineer in a Canadian Hospital. Mr. Simpson was working in the hospital boiler room, engaging in covering the asbestos on the hospital’s pipes with some potent aerosol glue however, the boiler room was very poorly ventilated. And the toxic fumes caused a temporary nerve system shock which caused him to collapse off the ladders, that he was on. Causing him to hit his head, he was knocked unconscious. After he woke up, he managed to contact his colleagues, who took him to the emergency room.
Four years after the accident he continued to suffer from dizzy spells and ringing in his ears, the medication that his doctor prescribed had little effect, in fact it made his condition even worse. After having a meeting with a documentary highlighting the positive benefits of using cannabis, Simpson inquired about medical marijuana. But his doctor totally refuse to consider it as a course of treatment. Simpson took matters into his own hands, he ended up sourcing cannabis of his own accord. And again to experience significant Improvement in his tinnitus, and other symptoms.
In 2003 Simpson found three suspicious bumps that had appeared on his arm, his doctor agreed that the bums appeared to be cancerous, and took a sample for a biopsy. Unfortunately, for Simpson the bump turned out to be basal cell carcinoma, which is a form of skin cancer. Simpson had successfully treated his symptoms with cannabis in the past. He had heard about a study from the Journal of the National Cancer Institute, in which THC was found to kill cancer cells in mice. That day, he made the decision to treat his skin cancer tropical, applying concentrated cannabis oil to a bandage and leading it on for several days.
After four days, Simpson decided to remove the bandage, and to his amazement the growths had disappears. And of course, his physician refused to acknowledge cannabis as a treatment alternative, Mr. Rick Simpson was now a true believer in the medicinal powers of cannabis. From that point he began cultivating his own cannabis and harvest the plants, to create his own specialized from of cannabis concentrated, which is now known as Rick Simpson Oil, or RSO. However, his journey was not without many setbacks and struggles.
Mr. Rick Simpson own doctor refuse to acknowledge the benefits, and Mr. Simpson face arrest and persecution in his native Canada. His home was raided on many occasions, and he had over 2,600 plant cut down confiscated by the Royal Canadian Mounted Police however, Simpson knew in his heart that he could help so many people with his discovery. Simpson persevered and continue to distribute cannabis oil to this very day, he continues to spread the word of his findings.
Susan Dhillon who is 51, was diagnosed with inoperable stage four cancer, of the nose, mouth, and lower skull. In June 2018 her doctor said if she did not have chemotherapy, and then have a very risky facial surgery that her only option would be the end of Life Care. However, despite the tumours growing at a rate of 5% per months she did not take the treatment. She began taking cannabis tablet which at the time was illegal in her country of England. The cannabis tablets, a 80% strength, 78.8% over the legal treatment and contain THC, which was grown and harvested by a friend who made the oil and put in capsules for Susan.
After only 5 months of taking a tablet once a day, the doctors were shocked and amazed to discover that some of the tumours had disappeared and others had stopped growing, or shrunk. Only, nine months since her diagnosis her disease was found to be completely stable, with absolutely no signs of progression.
In a letter to Susan, in 2018, the doctor stated, when I first examine Mrs. Dhillon in June 2018 the sinonasal cancers appeared to be very aggressive. When I reviewed Mrs. Dhillon on January 17th, I was pleasantly surprised to see regression of the cancer, in the oral cavity, with absolutely no evidence of any obvious tumour in the palate ( roof of the mouth). CT scans in December 2018 had also confirm stable disease with no evidence of any progression. In another letter from her consultant that stated, and confirm the regression, it said, I can only conclude that Mrs Dhillon appears to have gained significant benefits from the Manuka honey and cannabis oil treatment.
Susan, who is a former NHS prescription administrator, said for me it was an absolute miracle, after I was told I could actually die in a few weeks or months. They told me it was inoperable, any hope that I had just vanish when the doctor said I didn’t have very long to live. I was basically told there is nothing that they could do.
HOW TO MAKE (DIY) RICK SIMPSON OIL AT HOME
Making your own RSO at home really is not that difficult, and the process is not that different from making cannabutter, or any other kind of infused cannabis oil. Mr. Rick Simpson recommends using an indica cannabis strain, for the best results, although some patients may actually prefer to used other cannabis strains that may work better for their medical condition.
NOTE: this recipe will produce full grams of oil for a 90-day treatment r e g i n e n i if you are looking for a smaller treatment course you can easily divide the recipe into smaller amounts for an example 1 oz of cannabis will make 3 to 4 grams of RSO
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 1 lb of dry cannabis material indica
- 2 gallons of solvent 99% ISO propyl alcohol,
- (also you can use butane ethanol or others Solvent)
- a 5 gallon bucket
- a deep Bowl
- wooden spoon to stir with
- rice cooker
- plastic c a t h e t e r tip syringe 60 mg
- Place dry cannabis material into the 5-gallon bucket and pour in the solvent until the plant material is covered
- Stir and crush the plant material with the wooden spoon while adding the solvent to the mixture. Continue stirring the mixer for around 3 minutes, while the THC dissolves into the solvent, this will dissolve about 80% of the THC into the solvent
- Drain the solvent from the plant material into the bowls, using your cheesecloth, place the plant material back in your bucket and add more solvent. Continuing your stirring for another 3 minutes.
- Drain the solvent from the plant material into the bowl, using your cheesecloth and discard the remaining plant material
- Transfer your solvent to your rice cooker until it is about 3/4 full and turn on the rice cooker
NOTE: While you don’t necessarily need a rice cooker, if you have not made RSO before, rice cookers are exceptionally useful in this instance for maintaining a slow and steady temperature. If your mixture heats above 300 degrees Fahrenheit (148 degrees Celsius), the cannabinoids will cook off, and your RSO will be unusable. Do not use a slow cooker or crock pot, it can overheat the mixture.
- Your rice cooker should maintain a steady temperature, always between 2:10 and 2:30 degrees Fahrenheit (100 to 110 degrees Celsius), which is the correct heat setting for decarboxylation to occur.
- As the rice cooker heats up, the solvent will slowly evaporate. Continue to add your mixture to the rice cooker gradually.
NOTE: Always, make sure the rice cooker is in an open well-ventilated area, and at all times avoid all flames, stovetops, sparks, cigarettes, joints, as the solvent is highly combustible.
3. Once the solvent has evaporated, siphon the oil into a syringe, for easy dosing. The RSO will be thick, so if you have any trouble dispensing it, use yours syringe under hot water and the RSO mixture should dispense much easier.
HOW TO USE RSO
For any medical patients, it is always recommended to consult your physician before starting any new treatment regimen however, as there are many Physicians who will refuse to discuss any cannabis as a course of treatment, proceed with RSO method at your own discretion. You are the one that knows what’s best for your body and life, and what you want your body to go through, in order to maintain and live your life.
- Week (1) Start with three doses every day, each dose should be about the size of half a grain of rice, and should be administrated once every 8 hours. In the morning, noon, and in the evening, first dose will be about 1/4 of a drop of RSO.
- Week (2 through week 5) Double your Dost every four days the average person will take between three and five weeks to reach the full dosage of 1 gram of RSO per day.
- Week ( 5 through 12) Take 1 gram of RSO daily, until you have consumed the full 60 grams. Eventually the patient will be taking around 8 to 9 rice size-drops of RSO every 8 hours.
NOTE: Do not try to dab RSO, as it is made with high-proof solvent, and could be extremely hazard to your health.
May include sleepiness, which is a natural part of the healing process. Increasing the dose gradually will help maximize the psychoactive effects, and keep your tolerance to a functional level. The daytime sleepiness will fade within 3 to 4 weeks.
After a 12 weeks regimen of RSO, the patient may want to continue their treatment however, it should be at a sufficiently reduce rate. Only about 1 to 2 grams of RSO per month is enough for a regular maintenance dose.
As Rick Simpson Oil should not be considered a cure-all, for medical conditions, however, many patients have experienced than significant relief from their medical symptoms, and conditions with the use of RSO.
THE WORDS OF SUSAN DHILLON
I took my third scarn, probably just before Christmas of 2019, and the doctors could hardly see anything, so I must say that was the best news ever. 2 years later I am still here, after the doctors only gave me months to live, In May 2018. I feel that God has kept me on this Earth, to serve as a mother. I am truly thankful for RSO, and for my new life, or second chance as one might say, it has been exactly two years today since I was diagnosed, my best friend passed away from cancer, sometimes I feel guilty inside, because I did not know anything about RSO at the time to save her.
My friends, tears fall from my heart, as I understand that those in power, actually know that cannabis can help cure cancer. Yet this information, has been behind Iron Wall doors. And those in power, are continually trying to prevent this information from the mainstream. The question is why, when this information could stop so much unnecessary pain and death.
May good health be always with you.
Humbly yours, Paul Earl.
Written by Paul Earl and Susan Dhillon
META TITLE. CANCEL, AND THE POWER OF CANNABIS, CBD OIL, RICK SIMPSON OIL,
META DESCRIPTION. The history of CANNABIS, the power of CBD OIL, RICK SIMPSON OIL and a Cure for CANCER,